WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The seats only heat up when the seat belt is fastened
You could try plugging in the seatbelt?
I’m also not sure if the car checks that there is also someone sitting on the seat aswell
It may not fro the driver as it assumes there will always be a driver but for a passenger it will detect as that triggers whether the seat belt reminder is activated as it has detected someone sitting there
I have the BimmerTech remote start on my 2020 G30. I ran a quick test this week where I ensured that my iDrive was set to turn on seat heating well above the current ambient temperature, then got out of the car, fastened the seat belt, closed the door, and waited for everything to turn off. Then I triple-pressed the "lock" button and was delighted to see the seat heater come on when the car started! So it seems that at least for the driver, the car isn't sensing whether somebody is actually in the seat. Its only check is the seat belt.

So... does anybody know how to "trick" the G30 into thinking that the driver's seat belt is fastened? Hopefully it's just a matter of shorting two pins on a connector. I doubt that this can be coded, but if it can, that's even better.
Appreciate 1
DNYC1919478.00