View Single Post
      01-07-2016, 10:22 AM   #88
catchm3ifyoucann
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I've owned/leased 6 BMWs since 2006: two 5's, one 3, the i8, the M6 and the X5. I daresay that I've saved enough on maintenance to cover the cost of the 3 over the last 10 years.

This is a major difference for serial owners like myself and, indeed, my entire family. Collectively we own 12 BMWs among 7 individuals. Thought I love the driving dynamics of BMWs, I would be forced to look at other brands if the free maintenance went entirely away.

Cheers-mk
Oh wait we aren't supposed to disagree with BMW by some peoples standards......... BMW for years have been marketing their no cost maintenance on leases and now they pull out and expect people to remain loyal to the brand? Do they produce a great product? Yes. But there are always quality issues and as people have mentioned sometimes you face weird brake issues and or other issues with the vehicle that require significant work to be done on a lease. Thats not a chance I want to face nor a cost I would want to experience. Remove the key ingredient in leasing and customers will start to look elsewhere.
Appreciate 2