View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 11:44 PM   #7
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Is this the part # for the NGK plugs you purchased? Also make sure you gap it correctly.

SILZKGR8B8S

Dumb for that online vendor to ship you different brands when ordering a set for one engine.
Yeah, it's that one (NGK 94201). It seems like the original OE for the B58 engine was Champion as NGK didn't have a proper plug then. But now that NGK has a proper B58 plug, it seems that BMW is dual sourcing them? Either that or they switched to NGK and there's a lot of leftover stock of Champion plugs. I called a few dealers around me and it seems like most of them only carry the NGK plugs with a few carrying both NGK and Champion. Thus, I think BMW has indeed switch OEs to NGK from Champion. In any case, I bought two NGKs to replace the two Champions.
2018 G30 540i xDrive M Sport | Carbon Black Metallic | KW V3 Coilovers | F90 Suspension | F90 Brakes | 20" HRE FF10 Liquid Black Wheels | Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires | Ivory White Dakota Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | Executive Package | Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System | JL Audio 12W6v3 and XD600/1v2 | Ceramic Controls | BM3 Stage 2+ E50 ECU Tune | xHP Stage 3 TCU Tune | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | MST Cold Air Intake | FTP Chargepipe | AA Catted Downpipe | Remus Catback Exhaust
Appreciate 0