View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #21
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

As a parent myself, of 2 young Boys. My 14yr old will be driving soon. But another couple of years before he's driving by himself. I take great pride in how I raise my children. But you have to walk that fine line of: Discipline and Freedom so as to NOT cause a 'rebellion' type of nature. I practice a "tough love". But my boys are rewarded far and beyond what I received at their ages. And I'm sure it will continue as we have the means to do so. Communicating with them regularly about ALL types of subject matter, including this very tragic matter is necessary. I always use news stories such as this as a opportunity to remind them of how fragile life is. And to never cave in to "peer pressure". Thus far I can happily and proudly say that they are making us very proud.
Good parenting is much more reflected of your kids actions when they are away from home and you/us parents.
I also practice and preach good 'decision making'. "Would Dad allow me to do this? What would Mom/Dad do"? Will they ALWAYS do this? I hope and pray so. But I KNOW that I have raised them very well and communicate just as well every day while they are with us...
minn1913970.00
nyalpine907384.50
King Rudi13152.00
CT335xi682.50