View Single Post
      08-11-2015, 02:18 AM   #3
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

I think the standard spec is pretty good, although that didn't stop me adding a few things to it.

For me, I prefer the look of the 20" wheels over the 19". That's entirely subjective and depends a lot on whether it's worth £2k for some things you'll never see when you're in the car and get very little difference to what comes as standard.

I was debating over the Competition Pack and in the end talked myself out of it. 8 months on and I'd say it was probably the right choice. I find you can barely scratch the surface of the power available most of the time so an extra few horses aren't really necessary. The other tweaks that come with the CP may be worthwhile if you intend to drive the car hard along some twisty B roads but that doesn't feature in my daily drive so not worth it.

The only things I'd say you should add are the Surround View cameras, H/K sound and the Sun Protection Glass.

The one thing you may need to consider if you're having ISOFIX child seats would be the split folding rear seats. These come with the flaps that enable easy access to the ISOFIX points and make attaching the seats an absolute dream. Well worth it just for that, even if you never fold the seats down.

It's a great car with plenty of room and my kids love the noise, the power and the fun of it all.