11-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #522
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
FOPA would not protect that as he was not "Passing through" DC

The problems in DC are somewhat unique because Congress is responsible ultimately for law making for DC....and in recent years they've largely abdicated their constitutional responsibilities

Hopefully that will change in the next few years

But I want to be clear

I want a solution but a fed gov solution to a problem largely created by the fed gov isnt a solution.....its like advocating that more alcohol is the cure for alcoholism
Depending on how you look at it, he was sort of "passing" through DC. He was going into a Fed building but he doesn't work there. He works from home and travels to various Fed agencies to meet with people. So depending on how you look at it, he was "passing" through. Regardless, I agree with you about the uniqueness of DC. I think Congress needs to just clamp back down on the circus that is the DC government. Because it's been pretty clear relaxing the reigns has allowed all sorts of shenanigans to occur. I laugh every time I hear the cries for statehood. The idiots can't even manage their affairs now let alone have any hope of doing so with the full responsibility of being in charge of everything.
Appreciate 0