View Single Post
      11-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #523
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Depending on how you look at it, he was sort of "passing" through DC. He was going into a Fed building but he doesn't work there. He works from home and travels to various Fed agencies to meet with people. So depending on how you look at it, he was "passing" through. Regardless, I agree with you about the uniqueness of DC. I think Congress needs to just clamp back down on the circus that is the DC government. Because it's been pretty clear relaxing the reigns has allowed all sorts of shenanigans to occur. I laugh every time I hear the cries for statehood. The idiots can't even manage their affairs now let alone have any hope of doing so with the full responsibility of being in charge of everything.
Passsing through = not stopping for anything that doesnt support your intention to "pass through" to a destination where its legal for you to posess.

Stopping for fuel or a pee break is legit

Stopping to go shopping or perform business not pursuent to getting to your destination doesnt qualify

FOPA is very specific and been litigated a pile of times

Your friend unfortunately fell victim to a situation that we all fear

It sucks

Its expensive

Its a function of us failing to hold elected officials responsible for this stupidity

Hopefully we can make some progress in coming years to eliminate these bad laws that protect no one and only ruin the lives and reputation of peaceful people
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50