View Single Post
      07-09-2018, 05:39 AM   #14
powerflower
Rep
Drives: E46 - 320i

lumbar support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackHawk View Post
Hi I have a sport seat with memory but not lumbar, so i got the following parts, but the switch doesn not make any move....

1. Adapter lead, lumbar (61129258214) - it supports Sports seat(S481A) and Lumbar support, driver and passenger(S488A)
On Realoem, it doesn't show the cable PN that is for standard sport seat which doesn't have lumbar support. The cable i took out has a part number of 9258215 and it is not shown on the realoem or etk.cc or bmwfans website at all. I have attached the pictures of the old cable if you are interested. Quit confusing....

2. Switch, seat adjustment, memory, driver / left steering / from 07.2015 (61319359835) - Should be the right one as it supports both Sports seat and Lumbar support and memory.

3. Lumbar support with pump (52107284042) - No problem, it supports Sports Seat (S481A) and Lumbar support, driver and passenger(S488A)

4. Backrest width adjustment with valve LBV (52107284043) - I thought my sports seats backrest width adjustment would be compatible with the lumbar support, but when i took my seat apart, i realize mine is actually "Backrest width adjustment LBV (52107243596) and it has different way of connections and it doesn't fit, so i made another purchase on this part.

I didn't get the Wiring set seat, driver's side (61129258232) because i suspect i already have this cable installed on my car according to realoem, the cable only different on memory seat or not. But since the lumbar support is still not moving after i put everything together, i doubt that i might need to get this cable?? (The backrest width adjustment works fine with out any issue, though).
update for this cable: i crawl down to check this P/N, and found mine is indeed 61129258231.... another P/N you can't find on ETK, realoem, bmwfans.... anyhow, i guess i need to change this wiring set or adding pins to the connector of the switch module to somewhere i haven't identified yet. i checked the connector to the switch module and it only have 8 pins. According to mtherr's pictures, mine is with sports seat and want to add the lumbar should have 10 pins....

Does any one know what am i missing here and what is the right part number to order? From the previous post, the seat wiring information is really insufficient on the Realoem.... TBC once i get the new wiring set 61129258232 and will update the result. Hope i do have the 12V on the main connector pin 1 as i have the sports seat and should already have it.
Hi did you manage to get this one sorted? did you need the new wiring set and did that give you all the connections you needed or was there more to it
Appreciate 0