View Single Post
      02-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

So strange thing about my alarm install .... got a question for ya.

I just finished up my alarm install ... and got off the phone with the a-hole SAs at my nearest dealer. They of course want to just do a complete software update instead of just setting the alarm activation. I'm sure either it's because a) they're stupid ... most likely; or b) they're going to charge me 2hrs labor for activation *and* charge BMW for the software upgrade labor ... might be.

So I'm standing there, and I decide to hit the lock button anyway. Whoa! Clown nose is blinking. Sweet. Hmm...wonder if the alarm actually works? Roll down a window, lock the car wait for the fast blink to go away and start waving my hand around. Screeeeeeech. Yup, alarm works.

--question part--
The *only* thing I'm missing is the menu item to be able to set audible locking/unlocking. Anybody think that if I were to pull power to the battery for a few hours and hook it back up that the computer would reset and have that show up? (I've got a post sept non-idrive able to program from the stalk car)

And then my next question is, how do I safely disconnect the battery without shocking the hell out of myself?
Appreciate 0