04-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #102
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnStar View Post
Are you implying that 530xi is not fun to drive? Or one must drive a gas guzzling V8 to have fun behind the wheel? Or that a combination of frugality and practicality precludes one from having 'fun'? That's crazy talk ��

And 'High HP' is relative. 99.9% of the drivers on this planet would not be able to drive the 4cyl 530xi to its full engineered potential in street driving enviro, let alone exploit its limits on the track.

Not to mention that not long ago some 'high performance' models had less than 250 hp. I don't recall too many complaints about the cars being 'low HP' or not fun.
Of course a 530i is plenty - says a member with a 518d! - But I don't agree with the often repeated statement: you can only appreciate a car that you can handle to its limits.

I can testify that I honestly did appreciate the relentless build of torque along a very wide and high rpm band of the M6 I drove for several days in Germany two years back. The sweeping unrestricted high road runs across the black forest or the diff lock you feel when you smash the accelerator on apex while the tires scream for grip are just simply breath taking.

Could I run a serious qualifying hot lap on the Nurburgring with it? Certainly not! Would I have died during the process? Probably I would at the 2nd or 3rd turn already.

This proves that even a nitwit like me craves for such a monster. The question is, can you afford it and are you willing to bare the much higher costs?

Last edited by KoenG; 04-19-2017 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0