Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
No manual because there isn't enough demand to invest in offering one. That money is being spent developing electric drivetrains and autonomous driving systems.

Target audience is people who want a compact; true 2-seater sports car. This answer also addresses your second question.

Funny- for how often people complain about cars getting larger, I hear near-zero praise for this car's compact size.
I actually prefer the 2 seater compared to the 2+2. Those small rear seats always end up being useless anyways. And yes the fact that is small is definitely a plus.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 2 & 3 series currently use the B58 engine? Aren't those cars offered in a manual? I don't see how much R&D would be needed to fit a manual trans that already exists into this car. I'm assuming very little.
The old 3er and the current 2er are both F chassis cars. The Zupra is a G chassis. And of course a manual could fit, but they'd have to run it through emissions and crash testing. ROI for the 18 cars they actually sold would be pathetic.

Look, I want a G81 wagon with rwd and a manual, but it isn't going to happen. Be happy that we can still get a Miata, Cayman, 911 (soon) or Wrangler with a manual. I'd personally rather either a Miata or a Cayman than this anyway.
Appreciate 0