Thread: MPPSK in Europe
View Single Post
      06-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #4
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

I concur with what's said above. Noticeably noisier, especially on startup. If you need the car to be quiet in the morning, the MPE component isn't for you. We don't get the luxury of the Autobahn (sigh), so I can't say how much extra noise there is on fast cruise like that. In a high gear (i.e. 7th or 8th), low revs at around 120km/h the car is just as silent as it ever was and probably not a great deal of difference to what you're used to now. Certainly no drone.

You will notice a good jump in torque - even low down. If you're sensible on the gas, there isn't a giant gap in sound over the factory exhaust (a tad louder but not much). Open the taps however and from about 3,500 to the redline, the car has a totally new character with the MPPSK. There's a lot more snarl and aggression, with minor pops on upshift or when trailing the throttle holding gear. it's no V8 but still a good sounding engine for a six cylinder. Quite a noticeable bump in power - the kit really strikes a nice balance in my opinion to give the car both relaxed and sporty character as needed.

My only regret - is that I waited a year before getting the kit. Absolutely love it.

I guess if you don't want the exhaust, you could try one of the aftermarket chip tunes.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50