View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
emtrey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M235IX, 06 Carrera S, 335i

Slightly different take on 335 MPPK

After a week with the MPPK, I am in awe of the upgrade.

It is dramatically faster when pushed hard. Let my CA try it yesterday and he drove it hard and fast ( probably because the local police around the dealership let him break alot of laws they would not allow me to break )

He hit 3 digits on the speedo easily with the same run thru the 8 AT gearbox ease I find running from 40-80 mph. Car is fast as a 335 should be. All of his driving was in comfort mode BTW. He never touched the sport button or paddle shifted the trans. ps He giggled like a little kid every time he hit the throttle.

BUT--( probably showing my age here) what has me in awe is how much more pleasurable it is just to drive the 335 in mundane everyday driving. Car is smoother, shifts better, and now has throttle response more consistent with a 300 hp + engine. Everything about the car now seems more in step to me.

This is what every 335 should feel like. It was what I thought I had bought to begin with before I started to feel the lazy throttle in comfort mode. I enjoyed the car for the first 8K miles I drove it, BUT, I really love how it drives now. The money for the kit is money well spent not just for street racers and track drivers, its money well spent for anyone who wants to turn their 335 into a much better driving automobile.
Appreciate 0