rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
+1

I don't use Eco pro anymore. I find comfort to be the perfect blend of relaxed driving with the kids for example and short bursts when needed.

Mppk is the future

Hmmm... actually I have a slightly different observation. In comfort mode the car is quite a bit more aggressive to the point that it remains in lower gears even at low speeds. Just yesterday, I was in a stop and go traffic with a friend and realized that with speeds below 20 mph, as soon as you let go of the pedal the car loses speed very rapidly (as if braking gently) due to the car remaining in a lower gear (I guess it was the second gear). So in a stop and go traffic, it was like a "push-pull" effect.

I changed to eco-pro and the car became very smooth (it likely shifted to 3rd gear), and the car no longer was decelerating at a rapid pace when letting go of the throttle.

However, in general (not in stop and go traffic), the comfort mode is awesome fun for the same reasons

I will even dare to say that in many scenarios I actually prefer the comfort mode to the sport mode for decently rapid acceleration since in comfort mode it is easy to utilize the complete torque (about 340 lbft ) without the engine reaching near red line. In sport mode, I sometimes tend to "hold-back" on the pedal in order to avoid creating a scene !!
Appreciate 0