View Single Post
      03-02-2021, 04:06 AM   #10
JKK74
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e X-Drive

I just finalize my heated steering wheel retrofit for my G31. Finally I got it work

What you need:

- New steering wheel with heating button, including "electronic steering wheel module", which is little box inside steering wheel (see TIS: ControlUnit A69). This little box controls heating and (optional) vibration function.

- New steering column switch cluster, (TIS: ControlUnit A83) (Suitable part numbers: 61317944073 or 61317944074) which have added pins for heating on connector "A83_4B".
If your switch cluster is "61317944072" from factory, it wont work with heating....
Check this picture and part number table (part number 1).

I picked my second hand steering switch cluster from eBay with nice price 60€.
Note: In case of G30/G31 switch cluster is not any kind of control unit (like in case F10/F11). It`s only BCM slave... some kind of "routing matrix" without brain... And not big job to swap with new one.

- Behind steering wheel/switch-cluster wiring is factory made 100% "retrofit ready". But important note! There is one missing fuse+missing power-wire behind fuse box: (TIS: Fuse Box "Z44")

If steering wheel heating "option 248" is fitted from factory, there is Red/Grey-coloured power-wire between Fusebox Fuse 57 to connector "X434*1B_pin_1".

...But without factory heating option this wireline above is non-wired. This is propably main reason for problems for all who had tried to get this retrofit working... I think so.
For me it took couple of hours to find this damned missing line to X424*1B -connector before get this finally working. So you must wire that missing line behind fuse box from F57 to "X434*1B" (pin1), and just after that your steering wheel electronic module (TIS: A69) will be powered!

For some nice reason power-wire from "X434*1B" to steering switch cluster is pre-wired from factory (Wire is Green/Blue-coloured). Which is nice of course.

Here is folder including pics above. I hope this will help somebody.
G30/G31 Steering wheel heating retrofit pictures

And after all.... then coding. Update option 248 to VO and recode BCM, HU-UNIT and KOMBI.

btw. If you are installing shift paddle version of steering wheel, remember to route one missing shift paddle signal cable from steering column cluster to BCM. Otherwise shift paddles wont work after coding. >>> Check this folder

Last edited by JKK74; 01-28-2023 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 3
flo_sb9.50
Roffel1.00
akataka23.00