Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmanus1806 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmanus1806 View Post
Just a heads up for everyone following this thread, I also found out from burger motorsports that the reason for loss in power is the turbos are smaller and specifically for less lag and not top end power.

Optimum gear shifts are at 5500 (peak horsepower)

What's everyone's thoughts?
Try performance fuel. This has a noticeable effect, completely eliminating any mid turbo lag between 50-70mph. This is not my imaginations but a consistent noticeable effect whenever I tried any non performance fuel. I am talking of 98-99 Octane fuel. My G30 is a 4 banger diesel.

Moreover, it makes the car flies in Sport mode
Have you got a tune on your 530e?

I will wait till my tank is empty, I'm a little sad that you get less than 300miles to a tank :/ but only £40 to get from 1/4 to full is not bad!

Il grab some Vpower or Tesco momentum and see what it's like, I am very very happy with the power so far mid range, it's just the top end that I feel lacks the pull. Changing at 6000rpm seems to solve the issue.

On another topic, how do people feel about trying to take into account doubling there electricity bill and saving a few pennies on fuel? Is it hard to get used to such a high electric bill for only 20miles per charge?
I have 520d 2 Litre Diesel engine