United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpbaud View Post
In an earlier post I said that my car would never allow hands-off driving for more than about 30 seconds. I was wrong. I spent two hours in stop-and-go traffic today on a variety of roads, and it actually does provide traffic jam assistance for minutes at a time without requiring my hands to remain on the wheel.

With active cruise control and lane keep assist activated, as long as my speed remains below 25 miles per hour, it will follow the car in front of me. If the car in front stops for more than about 3 seconds, I have to press the resume button or tap the accelerator pedal, but otherwise it's hands and feet off.

It is not dependent on the speed setting of active cruise control control, and it works on all the roads I tried it on, not just the interstate (motorway).
Again, under certain conditions, car can come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds and not require any intervention from the driver. In fact, BMW announced at G30 launch that they've extended the 3sec to 30seconds.

As I've said before, it's not possible to know all the different variables that the car takes into account and corresponding responses.
Yes in the uk the 3 seconds turns into 30 on a dual carriageway where pedestrians cannot be present.
Appreciate 1
ADS-UK498.50