View Single Post
      12-20-2023, 04:58 PM   #22
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Not emotional just saying your experience in Germany doesn’t invalidate our experiences here. Many of us have hit triple digits every day for years and years at this point, but that’s not what I want more power for in the first place. I find top speed trivial unless you are at the track. I’m sure I’d love the autobahn but that doesn’t make me give up on highways everywhere else, and we all still love cars so we want more power, it’s not that unusual of a concept.

Like I mentioned you can certainly have more fun in a more powerful car while still sticking to the same speeds. Otherwise we would all be driving the new Prius which goes fast enough to get you jailed, while giving you 60 mph. I’m sure I can get a new Prius going 100 mph down I-95, but don’t you think you’d have more fun doing 100 mph in your car?

As for the twisties you’ll have people telling you that you’re insane for having a 300+ hp car that’s so heavy when all you need is a Miata because you can’t even go full throttle in that car which handles better than the g series. They’re not wrong, but you’re not wrong for liking what you like either.
The reason I have a G31 is because it does what I need--one car for everything. A compromise, and I fully admit it is a compromise.

Last edited by Neusser; 12-20-2023 at 05:03 PM..
Appreciate 0