View Single Post
      06-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
DTRJ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X4 M40I

Here is the deal. First off if you have a garage door opener that has a rolling code, the method you are using will not work. Second make sure the remote has new batteries installed. Follow the directions first the way you did. Then see if the head unit on your garage opener has a learn button. If it does follow the second instructions next to program the opener. If that doesn't work call the tel number in the owners manual in that section. That number is for the company that makes the garage link system. I had a problem programming the unit on my 2011 335. They gave me special instructions for my Genie GDO. They worked after I spent 90 minutes first playing around with it.

Also put the remote very closer to the mirror. In my case 2-3 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dek0026 View Post
First, I sincerely apologize for the very noob question in a noob thread. I come from an evo so some of the electronics in my wife's newish e90 are killing me.

I've read the owners' manual and, as far as I know, am following the directions correctly.

I am trying to program the ****ing garage door remote into the car. I turn on the ignition and hold the two outter buttons (?? does that mean 1 and 3 or 1 and 2 or 2 and 3??) until it flashes rapidly to clear the memory. Then, I hold both the number 1 button and the garage remote simultaneously until it blinks from slow to rapidly and it should be set right? It hasn't worked for me and I've tried on two separate occasions.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Again, I understand how ridiculous it is to have a thread about this. There is a dude on the evo forums making a zillion threads about how to drive stick while we want to discuss the lamda curve of the fp black or why so-and-so is handing out the 40psi stoich tune.
Appreciate 0