View Single Post
      03-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Anyone Have Base Audio???

I'm ordering an M3 and I'm trying to decide if the base audio is so bad the extra $1900 is worth it. I've read all the threads but they seem to be dominated by "audiophiles" and I don't trust them. I can't drive around in a car for several hours really listening to the base audio in all the real world circumstances to see what I think so I'd like to hear impressions from anyone out there that's lived with or is living with base audio as to what the limitations of the system are (can't drown out trucks without distortion, can't get moderate sound levels without distortion, rattles in system, etc...).

I listen to music in the car and sometimes turn it up but I do not drive around with base poring from every crack and crevice of the car and I've never got blood from my ears. I can appreciate good quality sound but do not need tremendous low end and/or ear splitting distortion free noise to be happy with the sound. I'd like to know from those who have made the choice are you happy with the base audio or do you regret it now?
Appreciate 0