lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
Page 6 and 7 of the chassis and suspension document.
Nope.

Page 6 talks about Adaptive Drive and Adaptive M Suspension. Only the Adaptive M Suspension applies to the M550i. The M550i also has an option for Adaptive M Suspension Plus.

Page 7 continues to outline differences between Adaptive M Suspension (available on the M550i) and Adaptive Drive (not available on the M550i) and then has a foot note for M Dynamic Professional with no reference to what that is.

As far as I can tell, there are two suspensions for the M550i
2VF Adaptive M Suspension
2VW Adaptive M Suspension Plus

Only 2VF is mentioned in the document but not 2VW. And some of the features in the table on page 7 are not part of either suspension but rather part of a package (ZDH Dynamic Handling Package) in some markets. The table includes features found in ZX5 Active Roll Stabilization, and Z1A Integral Active Steering and conflates those features with 2VF.

In the US market, 2VF is standard on the M550i. 2VW is optional and available in the ZDH package which includes Z1A and ZX5.

I did a search for 2VW and ZX5 on that document and found no reference to it. I did find one reference to 2VF.

That document makes the suspension options for the M550i as clear as mud.
ZDH is simply a Market Relabeling of:

Adaptives M Fahrwerk Professional - 2VW

Umfa?nge Adaptives M Fahrwerk und zusa?tzlich:

- Dynamic Drive, aktive Stabilisatoren an der Vorder- und Hinterachse reduzieren die Seitenneigung

- Integral-Aktivlenkung, Anpassung des Lenkwinkels von Vorder- und Hinterra?dern

Adaptive M Suspension Professional - 2VW

Adaptive M suspension and additional:
- Dynamic Drive, active stabilizers on the front and rear axles reduce the lateral inclination
- Integral steering, adjustment of steering angle of front and rear wheels
Appreciate 0