View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #14
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

actually i dont understand that inadvertently wording there that much.. cause with top-notch engineered engines and electronics they can keep on eye on every part of the engine almost especially the liquids.. few years ago teams were allowed to burn 4-5L oil during a race.. now its much much less like 0.5L a race or something.. yes that one was intentional.. now flow rate is limited also.. for Ferrari's case, Ferrari had another tank of oil placed in the car in the past.. but sometimes defenses and accepting part from FIA can be a bit funny.. so they re burning oil by a mistake and no one was trying to avoid it during race in Ferrari? of course not.. yeah a loophole..

i believe FIA didnt do anything for not hurting the competition recently Ferrari performs.. im not sure same d be ok keep doing reaction from FIA to Merc or Red Bull guys.. FIA is going easy with Vettel after Canada.. i dont see Vettel as a victim or guilty in that case.. but after that i feel like FIA is going easy on Vettel in favor of fans.. cause the start of Suzuka, he moved like 30cm at least and actually he was still moving before the lights out.. rule says,

a) Moved before the start signal is given, such judgement being made by an FIA approved
and supplied transponder fitted to each car, or ;
b) Positioned his car on the starting grid in such a way that the transponder is unable to
detect the moment at which the car first moved from its grid position after the start
signal is given.

car clearly moved, and FIA says it was so small that transponder didnt react.. sure those transponders detects 0.001 on each lap probably more in any given time but couldnt detect 30cm of movement while all cars were stationary.. and car wasnt even creeping Vettel's helmet shakes it was a clear move.. some might say he didnt leave the grid pocket.. he was at the yellow line that drivers take reference and he passed it after moving.. and he was still moving right at the time that considering a perfect launch timing.. and it happen right in front of Masi the racing director.. anyone d like to see it again in details can see it from F1TV..

to sum up.. i believe this "unintentional" oil consumption or Vettel's start at Suzuka is for trying to break Merc's dominance.. i prefer to hear something like this instead of funny statements.. why no statement from FIA says ok, fix it till next race? if 30cm moving is allowed during red lights at the start.. teams should make systems to move the cars precisely that much in tight grid races like Monaco or something.. there comes another loophole then..