ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Yes for general pre-packaged options if there is no boolean then its not supported. Production features have boolean so that the car can be configured if it is 1) supported 2) paid for

There are some exceptions to this such as ViM and other features (compass?) that are not production released but are supported in i-step. These may have no boolean or are set false, but we know they work when activated.

When you VO Code your car it checks the FA for parameters - car build version, region, options (pre-req and new code options), blocking codes, etc. The target ECU is then coded based upon the boolean and FA. This is how dealers retrofit options such as 1CR - they don't FDL code.

1735 is 5AT- Driving Assistant Plus, so wherever this is set to true, if your FA has that option and all other conditions are met, then this will be coded aktiv. Still doesn't mean it will work as you may not have the hardware, so you generally see an error in ISTA.

You can use TM's ncdtool to quickly determine what the boolean codes correspond with and decrypt what is actually being set.

To add - in your Remote Start Example, on cars where it is supported all of those codes that are set to false for the G30, have boolean. So you add 1CR to the FA of a G05 and you get:
1D92:
DWA Motor Remote: aktiv [01]

3D0E:
C_EPBI_Remote_Start: aktiv [01]

3E52:
HVAC_REMOTE_ENGINE_START: aktiv [01]

4508:
HMI_REMOTE_START_ENABLE: aktiv [01]

51C9:
MIN_TANKINHALT_STANDHEIZEN: 2L [02]
STANDKLIMA_MOTORLAUF: AKTIV_Alle_Aktivierungswege [01]

7083:
ALH_AKTIV_IN_PWF_ZUSTAND: ab_Standfunktionen [02]
RCM_ENABLE_REMOTE_ENGINESTART: aktiv [01]
TCM_REMOTE_START: aktiv [01]
VOKO_SHZ_ALHZ: VOKO_aktive_alle_Sitze [0F]
That's great to know ifr thanks All that trial and error process took so much time; now the process would be more efficient thanks to you

For ISA example it requires 5AT or ACC s&g but I have 5AS. I'm thinking to add ACC S&G to VO list and code the car and see if ISA is activated. If it is I'll copy the working parameters from all ECUs and Remove ACC S&G from VO and then FDL code the ISA parameters. Will it work that way? But if boolean codes are controlled in real time it won't happen. But as I understand it they are checked during the VO coding.

So theoretically this should work because even BMW put 5AT as a prerequisite to ISA all it does is to update the speed adjusted according to Signs read from map or navi which works in my car. 5AS only lacks front radar and distance adjustment buttons on the wheel which doesn't have anything to do with ISA, EDP or VZA
Appreciate 0