12-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
And you would "race" in those conditions??? I have had (and still have) AWD performance cars and still don't push it when it is wet out...let alone with wet leaves.... it is just plain stupid and the laws of physics will catch up to you... whether you have 4matic, xdrive or quattro....

So what exactly was the point of the video? Given the same conditions, there isn't a RWD high performance car that would have been able to hang with the RS7 (McLaren MP4-12C, 997 GT2R etc)....
The M6 GC won the test because it was the most fun and engaging car.

If you don't see the point of the video, and how the RS7 accelerates better in the wet, then what is the point of AWD anyway???

AWD transformed rallying and provides safety margins and superior acceleration in slippery conditions. I'm not talking racing, but the point of a high performance car is to be able to access that power. Many articles have pinpointed the lack of traction as a achilles heel of the M5/M6.

To me, the choice is still clear in favour of the M. But when the competition has AWD, we should expect comparisons that also are in conditions that aren't allways favourable for the RWD M (without saying "what's the point")
Appreciate 0