Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach550 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsrollM550 View Post
It separates the factory signal, the HK amp from the factory is running everything except the subs, the Lc2i is connected between the HK and the Alpine amp that runs the subs. Alpine amp cost $139, the Lc2i cost $99 (Amazon)the SWS subs were $110 apiece (Amazon) , wiring kit cost $50 and install (I was afraid, but after watching install I should've done it) cost me $380. I let my service advisor at bmw listen to it and he thought it sounded amazing. More bass than the b&w system, and with the HK amp freed up from driving the mid bass the HK speakers have enough power to really come alive. If you google "Bmw stereo upgrade" there is a link to a post that has this same upgrade done to a M4. It's pretty detailed, that guy also put in Bav Sound all through the car. I don't think it needs anything else.
great info, what boggles my mind is knowing that there are subs under the seats but I can't "feel" anything from them.
I know, it's a small space, the earthquake subs make a huge difference, the HK's don't even look like a sub, if you want to see what they look like I'll take a picture of one for you
Appreciate 0