JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Versa-grips FTMFW!!!!

Last night doing cable pulls, narrow and wide. Normally for my 6 sets of 12, I'm using 90, maybe 100lbs. With the grips on, I was able to easily do 120s, and didn't once have to shake my forearms out between sets. When I was doing "heavy" I was only pulling 130 or 140 6@ I felt good enough to add an extra 3 sets of standing bent pulls at the end of everything else. Would have gone on, could have gone on, but it was already 9 and I knew I needed some cold water soaking.

I may now NEED to do grip exercises. For Wednesday.

I may be seeing a name change to "Uncle Cobra"
boooooooooooooo, strengthen your forearms!!!!! Kidding, understand their usefulness, I just refrain.

Years ago, maybe 4-5, I asked this real impressive guy for a spot, I could tell he has been at this for decades. He was a monster, and I respected his attitude in the gym. Just kept his head down and fucking worked every single day. And I know this might seem pretty dumb to most. I remember after my set, he said "if you can't handle the weight, don't lift it". Every lift he did was raw, completely unsupported and he was moving some ridiculous weight. In the past I used straps, belts, all that shit. I know he was probably being an asshole at the time, but those words alone have stuck with me for years. Basically revolutionized the way I train. I thought to myself "well, maybe he's right, who am I trying to impress? Everything I do should be centered around my goal, not based on what is perceived by those onlooking." Stopped using all of my training gear and haven't used any of it since. Again probably stupid to most, but it has lingered with me for awhile now. And before anyone asks, yes I definitely see the benefit in using the equipment, I just refrain.
Appreciate 0