View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 08:02 AM   #411
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
My mother passed away last night. It wasn't unexpected. She'd been suffering from Alzheimer's for years and took a big turn for the worse about a month ago. She's going to be buried with my father in the military cemetery in Bourne, MA, so we have to get to MA for the service and burial. We had flights out of O'Hare tomorrow, but of course the only major winter storm this season is going to hit there starting tomorrow. We've been changing flights and hotels and rental cars all day because the forecast keeps changing. We changed our planned Tuesday flight to Wednesday, but now they say the worst of the storm will hit on Wednesday. So now we need to drive up tomorrow (3+ hours) when it will be mostly rain and grab a hotel near the airport so we can be there for the flight out on Wednesday.

Shit like this used to roll off my back when I was in the Army and dealing with stress every day. Of course I was much younger then and much more fit, but geez, I'm not the adrenaline junkie I used to be. Real stress is so rare in my life now that it slams me hard when it does show up. All part of getting older, I guess.

As an aside, if you ever want to plan a winter getaway, ask me to pick a weekend and then choose any other weekend besides the one I pick. We *never* have traveled during the winter months without some sort of weather delay. It's a curse.
Sorry to hear that sir.
Appreciate 2
M_Six16533.50