Thread: Rolex
View Single Post
      12-20-2021, 10:43 PM   #1321
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

So. I went to my AD today to get my wife's diamond tennis bracelet repaired as she'd broken the safety clasp.

NO Rolex's at all on display anymore due to the potential for theft.

But, since I have a bit of a relationship with one of the sales reps, we were talking about maybe getting my wife one down the road. And then she starts pulling out a few different sizes of Oyster Perpetual's for my wife to try on from below the counter.

We were just chatting about the Sub (no-date, ceramic) that I'd purchased from her a few years ago and whether or not it would be worth "upgrading" to the newest Sub someday-- and then she pulls out a brand-new Sub from the undercounter safe (with a date, but whatever).

We compared side by side. The new movement is supposed to be very nice (+/- 2 sec I think?), and a 70 hour power reserve is nicer than my 48 hour. Other than that? I really couldn't tell much of a difference. The bezel on mine hangs over a tiiiiny bit more, and I could read the lower font on the bottom of the dial a little better. That's it. Not really worth the upgrade, imho.

On the plus side, my wife decided on a green Oyster Perpetual 31 for "when I want to surprise her". My AD said she could probably get one eventually but "everyone" wants the green one.

Figures. That's my wife.

I'll probably put my name on the list-- our 15th Anniversary is coming up in a few years.

R.
Attached Images