Leo_328i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Roadster, E39 E36 E34 E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
"Every inch a BMW"
Before the ranting on its FWD begins again let me clarify.

Strong proportions, longish hood, dynamic coupe-esque roofline, strong three dimensional surface design, big wheels, intricate detailing mixing sportiness and efficiency.
Design without complexities and an interior that makes the best use of cabin space with spatial qualities and surfaces surrounded by minimal switchgear in a minimalist lounge setting.

Are qualities that define every inch a BMW Sedan from the 3er to the 7er in its visual aesthetic. The Compact Sedan Concept fits in perfectly to introduce the BMW sedans from entry to flagship they share the same aesthetics and visual kinship.
Couldn't agree more - it does look great and it looks every inch a BMW - it actually makes me smile looking at it. Having said that, as an enthusiast customer, I feel somewhat betrayed as it doesn't have some core ingredients that, to me, makes a BMW.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...arting-scratch

Reading this article about Alfa Romeo's plan to re-emerge as a big player to me is promising.

The key thing here is:

Quote:
“An important part of our job is to make the existing Alfisti happy,” he acknowledges. “It is wonderful, knowing how many people have continued to support our brand in its bad years.
With BMW going away from their hallmark characteristics and trying to build cars to please everyone - as an enthusiast customer, I am looking for a new brand that will cater for me as an enthusiast.

When I watch a new video on a Porsche GT car with Andreas Preuninger describing the detail of their new car, this is truly fantastic and makes me aspire to own a Porsche, not a BMW.

I used to get this with Albert Biermann at BMW M and he's gone off to Hyundai now which says a lot.

For me, Porsche and Alfa Romeo are the ones I have my eyes on.
Appreciate 0