View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
I agree that the new Merc E will be a challenge for the next 5 series, and that the handling of the current 5 series is poor - I had 2 F11's and the handling wasn't nearly as good as the E61 I had.

I've never been swayed by an E-Class personally, never admired the exterior sufficiently to even bother with a test drive. One of my neighbours has a E250, which replaced his BMW E60 530D. He likes the seats in his new car, and thats all! God knows why he bought it. Something to do with his back, I believe. The front of the car in particular is a dog's dinner from every angle.

I have the seen the video of the new E-class interior and it will certainly win some friends. It's too fussy for my taste. I like BMW's 'less is more' approach.
Image below of the new 5 series interior may well be a rendering, not sure...

That's the X5. Expect the new 5 to look almost exactly like the 7, based on the spy shots.

Yeah, it is fussier. So I can understand if you want something more restrained. But the chrome buttons in the 7, which appear to carry over to the 5, are definitely fussy. I also agree the current E, inside and out, is garbage.
Appreciate 0