View Single Post
      12-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoOrtega View Post
I wanted to know since its the first time I'm planning on spending some cash on mine, which exhaust is better for the price, borla, remus, supersprint, Mgruppe,etc. What about the ait filter, AFE, K&N, Mgruppe, etc. I want you guys who already bought this products before to help me out deciding what is best for my car, I want increase performance and for a reasonable price, the best under 2K and above 2K, and if helps to change x pipe, resonator, I have no idea will it make a difference? I just saw the supersprint headers for the new M6, they where 7k, thats too much, but the rest was affordable. I know its a lot of questions, thanks anyway. Or maybe a chip tuning?
I wouldn't put a borla exhaust on a M3. Remus' system is waiting on the US launch. SuperSprint I haven't heard anything on their e92 M3 systems. While I'm sure they will have one they seem to be taking their time. GruppeM has already confirmed with me via e-mail that they will be releasing their e92 M3 intake mid-december. But they gave me no information on their exhaust system.

GruppeM carbon fiber intake will run around $1K+, their titanium exhaust when released will probably be from $2-3k.

As for chip-tuning there is only one company that has even mentioned a chip-tuning. There is a thread about it in this forum. It also doesn't have anything pricing on their website and seems to be freshly completed so I doubt there is much reliability testing completed for it yet.

Like I said, it is still a bit too early for any after market products other than rims and tires at the moment. AM brands don't get any special treatment or jumpstart on modding these cars unless they have relationships to BMW M like ACS, Hamann, Hartge, and Alpina. However, Alpina is not much of a M modifier. They focus more on the original BMW models.
Appreciate 0