View Single Post
      01-10-2022, 03:29 PM   #22
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
I got a pretty lengthy contract booklet from BMW (7 months after purchasing my BMW Extended Warranty).

If I get some time share the entire booklet I will, but I'd say the limitations were much longer than I expected... Especially compared to my old Mercedes plan.

But the limitation I thought was the most odd... They have an aggregate limit clause that allows them to wash their hands of the warranty if the total repairs exceed either your vehicle purchase price or the current NADA value at the time of a breakdown -- whichever is lower...

Whereas I would have expected the plan to cover all repairs for my car during its covered term since it is OEM provided...

To be honest, the reality that they added an aggregate claim limitation (which I didn't spot in my Mercedes Extended Warranty) makes me think it is probably a good idea to get an extended warranty of some kind. There has to be a reason they are trying to limit their maximum payouts on an OE provided plan that only last up to 3Y/100K miles on a new car.

Also found it odd that emissions related parts are excluded since the warranty term is longer than the emissions warranty by mileage...

Last edited by LogicalApex; 01-10-2022 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0