11-14-2023, 07:52 PM   #52
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
THe price thing really comes down to comparables right. And there is no direct comparison if we're talking Cayman.

On the sportscar front, the Miata is the serious contender but it is seriously under powered vs a Cayman. So go the other way, let's say a Z4, is it that much cheaper than a Cayman? It's certainly heavier.

Supra? Faster in a straight line but heavier no? Maybe that is the true legit contender? Quick comparison has the 3T Supra some 400 lbs heavier but 30 more HP and 60 more torques than the Cayman. Price gap is about $20K USD. Supra seems a logical option if you can live with the extra 400 lbs.
To me doesn't matter if I got all the money in the world, out of these choices, it would be the Miata cuz I only drive on public roads and don't track. Some ppl buy for prestige or ego and that's cool but when even my car's too powerful for the streets, it gets pointless chasing numbers for numbers' sake unless one wants to break traffic laws.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25086.00