View Single Post
      12-01-2015, 10:46 AM   #14
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

All in all, I really like this new "LCI" Turbo and Turbo S much better than the first design. Not for the added performance, but for the change in exterior styling. The first 991 Turbo S, just didn't do anything for me, I really didn't like the design, but what they've done now is made some small design changes here and there, and I think it has transformed the car.

I'm digging the new vent design on the rear engine bonnet, the revised tail light shapes, the changed exhaust tips, splitter and diffuser. These changes now work very well together and I think the car looks fantastic. One of the biggest eye sores for me personally on most 911's is the shape of the rear "ducktail" spoiler. That shape has never made me think "that looks pretty cool", but now they've revised that too, and it looks SO much better than the first Turbo/Turbo S. It actually looks "cool" to me now. It just looks sharper.

On the Performance side, Porsche seems to have taken a clear turn in the right direction. A myriad of changes now produce a much better performing car overall it seems, not just in one area or two. I also found it interesting how they increased the fuel efficiency just by tweaking the DCT software code. I think we are in store for some very good looking shots of this new Turbo and Turbo S. Finally, a Porsche Turbo I actually like!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0