tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Anyone who can eat this stuff only occasionally I have the utmost respect for their discipline. The foods are so highly palatable with fat and salt that you are supposed to crave it whenever you are hungry. Here's the part I don't understand. Since the nutritional value is so low, don't you just feel hungry again 2 hours after consuming fast food fries or a big mac? I have not had it since the 90's, but I do feel hungry after I eat the occasional culvers.

Recently in Vegas this past summer we got Farmer Boy's. That place still delivers good fast food like I remembered in the early 2000's, relatively fresh and not dripping in grease, not to mention the size of the menu there is insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I will say when McDonald’s fries are good they are VERY good, but they’re not consistent. Sometimes cold, sometimes not crisp, etc. That’s one of the things I like about In-N-Out Burger, always consistent, like ‘em or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
McD's fries haven't been good for the longest time, in addition to inconsistency. BK, KFC/PFK haha, plus many, many others are better imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Well, I guess it really is to each their own. Btw, I think BK are a cheap imitation of McDonald’s fries.

And on and on we go. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
I think the downfall of fries was from phasing out trans fats, places moving away from peanut oil, and other factors.

IO fries are cut fresh in store and fried in sunflower oil I think? DK why the same process in my house produces better results...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
At one point many moons ago, BK had an ad campaign pitching their new french fries that were coated in starch (???) to make them crispier than Mickey D's fries. Anyone else remember those fries?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Yeah... they SUCKED!!!!!!
McDonald’s used to have the best fries hands down!! What killed them was the health craze and McDonald’s quit using lard. It may be a four letter word, but lard is what made a lot of things really good!!

After a few years BK tried to replicate McDonald’s old fries by coating their fries to make them crispy. As was said, it was a poor substitution.

We may not want the fat these days, but so far no one has duplicated what a good dose of lard could offer.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!