View Single Post
      01-22-2021, 03:21 AM   #13
mariopl
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2024 520xd, 2023 i4 M50

I think i have the same issue.

My car has came on summer tyres 20" RFT Michelin PS3 from factory and I haven't had chance to drive it on higher speed.

Currently, my G30 LCI (530ix - 4000km on clock) is wearing winter rims 18" M + Pirelli Sottozero 3 RFT. At speeds around 100 - 140 (or 90-140) I can feel the tyres (road surface) on my wheel. It's slight tingling. I have discovered this when I cross 140km/h - then it disappears. Or even when I driver under 100 (relatively under 90) - all is good. It goes smooth as butter.

Initially winter rims where dispatched with goodyear ultragrip RFT and I though the problem is related to tyres which I have replaced immediately to pirelli sottozero 3 rft.
Wheels were weighted few times using Hunter Road Force with both goodyear and then pirelli at the dealership. Rather no difference.

I am having no idea why is that and I am wondering if on summer set it's going to be the same?

I am assuming that after swapping to Pirelli Sottozero 3 RFT I feel no difference meaning it might problem with either:
- Balancing - however did few times and didn't help
- Bent rim?
- Wheel size - Factory is 20" while winter set is 18"
- Aggressive winter tyre tread with combination of RFT transmits more to cabin, but wondering at certain speeds it's all fine..

Any suggestions what can I do?
Appreciate 0