04-29-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. Yea, I can't get my head around as to how someone can stoop so low to damage someone's property for no reason whatsoever other than pure jealousy. The day after this incident I noticed our brand new Range Rover was also scratched on one of the plastic mouldings at the back where it looks like someone tried to scrape the letter 'R' into it. Unrelated incidents but just strange.

I had spoken to a detailer who mentioned with frozen paint you can't use wax as that will take out the dull finish of the frozen paint so can't buff/polish it out. On a regular paint with thin scratches I could have tried buffing/polishing. I had contemplated a wrap but having spent a lot of money on that in the past and me switching cars often it ended up being a further waste of money so I decided not to go with it this time.
Ok if i were you i'd get a Dash cam asap as well as some surveillance if this stuff is happening. I know that solves nothing but wow. You certainly have it good so someone is not happy about that. Do you park outside or something? This is part of a huge reason I almost refuse employment and living situations without private garages... which is probably one my only high maintenance things.

I am by no means wealthy- not really poor but grew up so and havent had it really made and earn everything alone. My biggest and really only expensive expenses are my apartment and car... I take great pride in the car as I love them so I am always concerned about it. Its my one big gift to myself and I think for a lot of us, its our biggest toys/joys.

You know money as well as I. Cars are nothing but "wastes" of money if its not some classic you hold on to. I would possibly try to think of a way where maybe a repair is an upgrade if costs aren't that far different in percentage to the overall hit.

When I have something damaged on my cars, it usually means an upgrade is coming for it. Even as a kid I remember having one of those old nicer Mitsubishi Eclipses I bought myself and then i got in an accident. I upgraded the headlights, and bumpers to make it look like its better looking LCI as the parts cost exactly the same for insurance.

Sort of the only silver lining. For your case its tougher as its multiple paint parts, but maybe consider some mods to throw in that make the added cost part of it and bill it to your insurance and work something out with the body shop so all you might pay for are some parts but insurance covers all the paint as part of the original repair. I think when you look at this way, you may even smirk about it. Of course then you car will be even nicer and draw MORE jealousy
Appreciate 1
ksa1047.00