12-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #21
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Yep, that’s the Iberico. If it’s Iberico Bellota, the pigs are free range and given an acorn diet before slaughter - it’s the finest grade of iberico ham and does have that nutty flavor. It’s $$$$ - costco was selling full legs for ~$500 which is a bargain. Most places they are $1,000. It was also banned in the US until 2008. You can get platters of sliced meat for a lot less - Online retailers like La Tienda have it.
I had Ibérico Bellota tenderloin for the first time at Curate in Asheville this year. It was unbelievably good. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=685

I ordered a tenderloin from La Tienda to try to grill it myself but FedEx delivered it 4 days late, which I rejected. We’ll get to try again in 2020.

With respect to original question of thread, a cheese plate with an aged extra sharp cheddar, Manchego, Parmigiano Reggiano and some soft cheese (goat this Christmas Eve) is our go to when entertaining. Quality crackers, flatbreads, breads, etc. also make a big difference.