04-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
Sparco
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT3 \ Future M2 Comp

Possible M4 dilemma

Ladies and gents,

Have been a long time viewer of this forum but seldom have posted anything. I have gone back and forth between BMW and Porsche for the better part of 15yrs. I have been very fortunate to own a variety of 911s including an 86 930, 2K 996 aero, 997GT3, and know a pristine 02 Turbo. Also, I have owned in between those a 97 M3, 2K M-coupe, 02 E46 M3, and an 08 E90 M3. I am in a very good position at this point where I currently own 3 cars, the turbo, an 07 Mazda MX5 hardtop vert, and a new Fiesta ST, which by the way is Ford's best kept secret. I am going to the New York auto show in 2 weeks in hopes of seeing an M3 and M4 in the flesh. I am contemplating ordering an M4 to, at some point, replace the turbo, but am somewhat torn at the proportions of the car. I applaud BMW for attempting to lighten the car for increased driver feel but cant help but remember how the E90 felt. For lack of a better word, the M ness had somewhat been watered down. Adding weight and adding power, doesn't automatically make for a great drivers car. I have no gripes with the turbo I have,in fact, wonder each time I drive it how could I top this, but its not exactly modern in terms of technology. The M4 is very appealing in various ways, but having missed out on ordering a 1 M-coupe, can't help but wonder if the REAL M car might be the future M2.Again, stupid problem/dilemma to have but am curious what the general consensus has to say. For what its worth, the turbo is a very low mileage example, beautiful color combination, and always puts a smile on my face when pressing the throttle. Let me know your thoughts....Sparco
Appreciate 0