United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I remember the days when "driving appliances" jokes and "take them in the twisties" were used when talking about Toyotas an Ford Mustangs. Never imagined them being applied to the flagship sporty BMW.

Is a more dynamically engaging Toyota or a more capable twisties handling Mustang than a BMW M car the first or last sign of the impending apocalypse? Seems BMW ///M car can't even beat a BMW non-M car wearing a Toyota badge.
Maybe you should have read the article.

"To see what sort of perform*ance $60,000 buys and which car deserves your money, we climbed into the Sierra Nevada and Sequoia National Park on roads so tight, there were stretches where you couldn't break the 55-mph speed limit if you wanted to. Under a canopy of massive trees, we found four perform*ance heroes, each with its own exceptional abilities. None of them deserved to lose this test, but one had to."

"Yet it's the M2 that packs the most bandwidth into its tachometer, making it the perfect partner for the six-speed manual transmission. The M2 rockets out of corners even when you've picked the wrong gear, and it builds revs with the crescendo of a naturally aspirated engine."

"the M2 scored the quickest quarter-mile run of this group, stopping the clock in 12.4 seconds at 116 mph. And the engine's intense surge is always ready to strike. "
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00