06-24-2019, 08:58 AM   #5
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
Two things: Press the button next to the emergency flashers by your vents to make sure your drivers assist options are turned on.

Next, in the iDrive, you can set how much vibration you want. I believe there are 3 settings. Make sure it's on. I have mine on the strongest vibration and I can definitely feel it.
I agree. There are two options on lane change warning: plain and intervention. With intervention, the car will attempt to steer when it senses you are leaving your lane without a blinker on (it feels like the car is fighting you when you change a lane without turning on the blilnker). If that button is not checked, then it will simply vibrate at one of three intensity levels.

If you used to have the intervention button checked, and now no longer do, then it might be similar to a placebo effect. You are not getting the feedback you used to get so it seems like it is not working. Or, of course, it could not be working.

On my 2018 530e I can feel the vibration and I recently unchecked the intervention button (thanks to ADS-UK...it was causing the back and forth careening of the lane assistant).

Try turning off the feature and doing some lane changes on a deserted road; then do the same thing with the lane warning turned on. If you can't tell the difference, you most likely have a problem. If you can tell the difference, it is probably a perceptual problem.
Appreciate 0