cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I'm not pulling your chain today. I know you were closer to the front line than myself.

That being said, are you going to let the terrorist continue to terrorize you by not taking care of business? Or is the healing still going on? I will NEVER forget, but I'm working on forgiveness.

NOW, Roberta and I will get corny: "What the world needs now"
That's Dionne, not Roberta

Ironically, I was forced to take care of business that dreadful day 18 years ago also. I'm sorry Uncle, you're better than I am. I can't use the word forgiveness here. And I fear that there are many who are looking to conveniently forget. So many died, not just that day but since due to first responder related cancers.

I find it amazing to this day that I do not know anyone personally who was killed that day. But it seems everyone I know lost someone. We all mourned, regardless of whether the loss was first hand. I had many friends and family that were in the towers but made it out. My first cousin was in the WTC when it was bombed was in 1WTC again on 9/11.

EDIT: Adding my SO worked at the area identifying remains for over a year.

Last edited by cmyx6go; 09-11-2019 at 01:56 PM..