01-17-2022, 08:20 AM   #20
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
In all seriousness, these new EV’s are on all new Ultium platform. The Bolt is said be replaced by an Ultium platform crossover at some point.
I was making a joke a 'la Ron White, but I think you got it.

Yup agree, the new EV platform will probably be better than the Bolt. Seems like LG Chem tried to increase production and decrease cost and, cell manufacturing quality suffered a bit. I followed the Bolt from the beginning and none of the first two build years suffered battery fires as I recall. And 16 cars out of 144,000 doesn't seem too problematic, unless one's Bolt is parked in one's attached garage...

I find it interesting how the EV industry likes to tout that ICE cars catch fire far more frequently than EV. But the data is never presented broken down as to what is the age of the ICE cars that catch fire and the circumstances that caused the fire (e.g. old fuel hose that spring a leak or high-speed collisions). Outside of BMW's E90, which catches fire while parked because of (a) EGR heater valves and (b) faulty blower motor wiring, most ICE cars don't catch fire while parked. It's quite a different thing when a 3-year old EV has a battery overheat condition and burns your house down...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0