View Single Post
      06-19-2022, 01:42 AM   #48
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

I removed the trim last week to fit a 422gw nextbase tucked up behind the rear view mirror. Invisible from inside the car and just the pad visible from outside. Note to nextbase make the pad black. It's so small that it cannot be seen. I have the screen off.

The 3 pieces of trim are tricky but not impossible. Piece 1 you are pressing on a hidden retainer and pushing up at the same time. The video shows you where to press. Tricky. Piece 2 you do need a thin trim removal tool and lever piece 2 apart from piece 3. Feels brutish but then it clicks and is loose. Piece 3 is easy. Put back together, much easier.

I did not use the existing wiper wiring but ran the nextbase wiring to the rhs fuse box. Via the headlining, easy and then down the pillar after removing it and behind the existing wiring so I was hit by an airbag and not wires if it went off. Connection to the fusebox was easy and plenty of room to store the excess cable.

Video quality is good. Enhanced by the polarising filter.

There's an app and a web interface. Both are pretty good but not customisable. They have telemetry if that's your thing. You can download the saved videos to the app by a wifi network created by the app , remove the micro sd card or connect the camera to your pc. All worrying is provided . The hardwired kit is extra or can be bought bundled. Cigarette lighter wiring provided There is a clever magnetic base enabling the camera to be removed easily leaving all the wiring behind untouched.

Please ask additional questions if you think I can help. No connection to nextbase, just an ordinary punter who has clocked up 3 score years and 10. If I can u can
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337489.00