View Single Post
      10-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
Vetkin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MW/SO

Tire question for the locals

What wheels and tires do you Seattle area f8x owners run during the winter months? I ordered a MW/SO F80 that just went into production last week, so I'm expecting a late November to early December delivery. Normally the winters here are pretty mild, but I don't know if I should risk running on the stock wheels and tires or have a winter set ready.

I've been daily driving an S2000 year round for the last seven years and have never had anything but summer tires on it, but I hated having to worry about those one or two days a year where there would be a light dusting of snow while I was at work. I plan to have a winter set for the F80 next year for sure, just for those occasions, but it would be nice if I could postpone that purchase a bit.

I had a WRX last year for winter and really only needed it driving over to Eastern WA for Christmas, and I've already sold it as part of the funding for the new car. I'm hoping the F80 will be a good enough replacement for the WRX and the S2000 that I won't miss either of them too much.
Appreciate 0