02-04-2024, 01:29 PM   #11
Jemster68
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmer View Post
And all this for a simple iDrive controller. Some dealerships are idiots
Absolutely. Unfortunately where I am (Northern Ireland), there are 3 dealerships. This is the closest to me, and the one I bought the car off. Also part of the largest family of car dealerships in the country. You would think they’d have a little bit of sense.

It concerns me deeply that they can make such a huge mess of a simple job. How can coding in a new iDrive controller into an otherwise fully functional car cause such a total disaster? And why is it that repeated back and forth with BMW has not resulted in a fix. Is the software in these things really so badly written that diagnosing an issue can be so hard?

I’d love the new Body Domain Controller to fix it, but I can’t see what that module really does so unsure what the chances are of it resolving anything. As far as I can see it’s a bunch of relays?

I’ll see what happens on Tuesday but if no decent progress I’ll suggest they call Simon although I can’t see that happening.

I’ve owned an E36, a couple of E46s (including a SMG M3) and an F11 and never seen anything like this. Imagine if I had to actually pay for this work…
Appreciate 0