Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Just out of curiosity...

"At about 40mph" - were you traveling above or below 40mph?

Your experience was that it slammed on the anchors AFTER you passed the pedestrians? Were the pedestrians making any movement like that of walking or were they relatively if not completely stationary?

FWIW the maximum Deceleration above 15mph for a car without ACC is 4m/s. It's not abrupt at all. If you have parking assistant, there is rear collision mitigation as well.

The cover between the grills is not a radar/infrared sensor. It would house the front camera if your car has surround view camera. Otherwise it's simply a black trim piece. Your car does have Active Guard (the two cameras mounted at the top of the windshield).

The Pedestrian Warning Pictogram is not dots...

[IMG]https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...eo-65164_1.png[/IMG]
I must have been doing below 40mph
It slammed on anchors BEFORE I would have hit the pedestrians had they actually been in my line of travel

Noted on the sensor, make sense (pun not intended)... I was aware of the Active Guard

The warning - to be honest I did not make full account of the warning pictogram, I was busy dealing with a WTF moment

I've set the car to late warning now so hopefully I will keep my lunch down...
It would have to be well below 40mph, since the threshold to potentially avoid a collision is 45 km/h. It will still activate at up to 60km/h, but again the deceleration is only 4m/s (8.95 mph per second) which is insufficient to prevent a collision but will "mitigate" the severity.

If you go out for a drive, find a straight road with no traffic. Set the cruise control to 40mph. Then, press and HOLD the decel button. This is the same rate at which Active Guard decelerates at above 20mph. It isn't abrupt at all. Setting the Warning level only affects the aural and visual indicators. It doesn't change the actual semi-autonomous interventions.
Appreciate 0