Zap-xpilot
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 ZCP 2017, 540ix 18 G31

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bctz123 View Post
Hello guys, I am waiting for delivery for my new 540i, and I am thinking to get the MPPSK, I was curious if the actual HP is only +20 or is it more? I've read on some forums that the actual power gain is around 50 hp?

Has anyone tested this on a dyno or?

I am super curious about this.

Thank you!
Hi,

I drove approximately 15000 kms with my G31 540iX before installing the MPPSK. I have not dynoed the car before or after.

To be honest my expectations were about more pulling power, after all this is a family station wagon weighing 2 tons, so I was more interested about the 11% increase in torque (450Nm->500Nm).

I did not believe I'd feel the difference in horsepower, I thought that barely 6% increase in hp would not be felt by my butt dyno.

What I do find though is that the car is much transformed. There is a noticeable improvement in pickup, regardless of gear, and as emre says the car pulls much harder in the upper rev region. The sound is sporty without being obnoxious (like AMG models).

My butt dyno says the car feels more like a 400hp 2ton car than a 360hp. Some of it is due to increase in torque, some to increase in hp and some due to the new torque converter installed.
Obviously extremely subjective and your butt dyno may or may not agree with mine

All in all it is a nicely rounded package that definitely brings a more sporty edge to an otherwise highly refined and silent cruiser, adept at effortless wafting about, but not a sporty car in any sense..
Appreciate 0