United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach550 View Post
Updates for my opinions on the different options/packages

2019 M550i xDrive - V8 sound makes this a no-brainer

(C10) Mediterranean Blue - Very happy with the color being my first blue car

(22E) 20" 668M PSS + spare - Very happy with the wheel design so no worries about finding replacements

(LZNI) Mocha Nappa Leather - Very happy with the color

(4LH) Fineline Cove Matte trim - Like the matte finish

(ZDB) Driving Assistance Plus - Has helped alert me of crazy vehicles perpendicular to my direction of travel that I couldn't see. Lately the lane keep sensors have been a little weird not wanting to sense lanes that it has seen before. I've washed the windshield every time just in case there was something blocking the sensors. Might just be a coincidence but I hit the button repeatedly to "shock" the system which seems to do something.

(ZDH) Dynamic Handling Package - Active steering makes U-turns and tight turns in my parking garage seem similar or tighter than my previous GTI. Able to take some turns at considerably higher speeds than before so the anti-roll system seems to be doing a good job. Could probably be fine without this if I could go back and re-order.

(ZPX) Executive Package - Only reason I got this was for the digital dash. Soft close and rear shades are ok but only something for my kids to mess with from time to time.

(ZPK) Parking Assistance - Only cared about 360 view, parking distance is ok and I've only played with the parking assistant once. Doesn't seem useful in real-world situations with impatient drivers behind you.

(ZP2) Premium Package - heads up display: must have, others don't really care about. Not even sure with the enhanced usb does. Don't have a wireless charge phone and gesture control isn't accurate enough for fine tuning when messing with the volume.

(ZLS) Luxury Seating Package - we'll see how this feels with it warms up, not too hopeful with its ventilation ability and the massage isn't that great, guess it helps me relax so I don't drive too "sporty". Would be fine without this if I could go back and re-order.

(494) Heated front seats - regret not adding the heated rear seats and steering wheel even if its only useful for a month out of the year.

(4M5) Leather Dash - very happy with the quality of the dash with this option

(6UK) Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection - useful but I don't know if I would get it again if I had the chance to go back and change my order for $2300
I too love the mocha nappa leather and the leather dash (although I would have preferred the Merino special order but couldn't wait).

I have found from day one that the lane keep assistant seems to regularly lose the lane markings and the steering wheel in my HUD lights up yellow. I have not been able to tell why this happens as the markings don't seem any different. In any event, the lane keep assist has not kept me centered so it is truly what they claim...an assistant.

On the seats, I find that I can't tell that the ventilation is on (except for sound) but if I am coming in after exercise, then I can feel it help me cool down. I don't use the massage feature as much as I thought I would.

I also got the nightvision and have somewhat of the same thought. When I drive in the dark, I have only had the HUD display the warning once despite seeing persons running in an adjacent bike lane, etc. I suspect that the system is very smart and only alerts one in the HUD if the pedestrian/animal is about to cross; at least I hope so.

My two essentials, after having my loaded 530e for just more than a year, are the HUD and adaptive cruise control.

Enjoy your new car.
Appreciate 0