02-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #19
yxc145
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMED View Post
I thought those same things before I got the work done. It definitely didn't lose power or torque. I would say it would gain a little but not enough for the butt dyno to notice. BMW stock exhausts are pretty restricted especially for their turbocharged V8s. If you look at some tuners websites like Dinan etc... that have straight pipe options and x pipes they all gain some horsepower.
Your car looks great too! Our cars look similar now minus the wheels being different, as I finally got the 3m window tint done. What interior did you go with?
Hi

I went to a muffler shop today. They lifted the car and looked at the system. They told me that by removing the resonators, the car "MAY" lose some back pressure and feel a little lag when car takes off, but may feel a little faster once the car is moving. Did you feel that?
Also, I compare your video sound to several stock M550 exhaust video, I really couldn't tell a difference (maybe because how the sound was recorded, the place, distance, etc). So I want to ask you, can you tell a difference? good difference? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0